There is an assortment of dental procedures that can be used to combat the effects of lost or missing teeth, including dental implants, dentures, and dental bridges. However, dentures can have a defaming effect due to their ability to move around or fall out on accident, and dental implants require an extremely strong and durable jawbone. Dental bridges are a wonderful selection for anyone wishing to forego the other two without losing any of the functionally or beauty that a tooth replacement has to offer.
For a better understanding of the basics of dental bridges, listed below are principles concerning dental bridges:
– Dental bridges can survive a lifetime of normal use if they are well maintained, but it many circumstances you should consider having them repaired or replaced after a decade or so if they are damaged or heavily worn.
– Missing teeth increases your chances of developing misalignments and malocclusions in your smile.
– When you lose teeth, the area left behind can often create a condition that allows other teeth to move and shift out of their position.
– If you have missing teeth, basic skills such as eating and speaking can be severely hindered. Dental bridges work to restore the functions back to their proper heights.
– Dental bridges often fill the gaps left behind by missing or lost teeth. This helps ensure a healthier mouth, as these areas, if left unchecked, often become nests for bacteria and plaque to manifest. Filling in gaps left behind by missing teeth with treatments such as dental bridges lowers your risk for standard oral health disorders including tooth decay and gum disease.
If you would like to schedule a dental bridge session at Geza Locsey DDS, simply call our dentist office in Reynoldsburg, Ohio, at our number 614-866-1234. Dr. Geza Locsey and our entire team await. Let us help you achieve a healthy smile!